Law Office of Stephen W. Grosh
15 Years Of Strong Legal Advocacy For Lancaster County
Areas & Topics

Lancaster Legal Blog

If someone dies without a will, who gets their belongings?

It’s a question we all have to consider at one point or another. After I’m gone, what do I want to happen to all of my stuff? Many people use a will to help answer this question.

But what happens if someone dies without a will? Will their loved ones still inherit the correct items?

What is a Motion to Suppress Evidence?

A motion to suppress is a written request to prevent the government/prosecutor from using certain evidence against you in a criminal trial and would be decided by a judge - it is not decided by a jury. For example, the police search your car or your home illegally and find illegal drugs or other evidence of a crime (ie. the bloody knife). A motion to suppress would be filed by your attorney to prevent the government from using the drugs and/or the knife against you at trial. Often times, this results in your case being dropped !

Will you lose your license after a DUI?

A drunk driving arrest is a stressful event. You may wonder how your family will react or whether you’ll lose your job. There is certainly a lot to consider as you’re riding in the back of the squad car, but there’s one thing that should be at the front of your mind: your driving privileges.

Depending on the circumstances and any prior drunk driving convictions, you could lose your driver’s license for one year or more. Think about the potential impacts of you being unable to drive. How would you drive to work, run errands, or even hang out with friends? If you have young children, this could complicate getting them to school or extracurricular activities.

What is a Post Nuptial Agreement in Divorce?

A Post Nuptial Agreement ("PNA") is an agreement between two spouses that spells out how their property and debts are to be divided in a divorce action. Additionally, this agreement may also include terms for spousal support, alimony and even child custody and is typical in situations where spouses separate and either contemplate or file for divorce - it is not to be confused with a Pre-Nuptial Agreement (an agreement signed PRIOR to the parties getting married).

How to prepare for a divorce

Whether you intend to file for divorce or whether your spouse files first, the thought of a divorce is often times overwhelming. This article is intended to give you some initial advice on what steps you should take first in the events a divorce.

Four things to do before you start a business

Taking the plunge by starting your own business for the first time is bound to feel exciting, scary and so right. It’s a risk, but there are ways to reduce the risk and maximize the chance that you’ll be the best boss you ever had.

Here are some of the things you should do before you hire anyone or borrow, buy or sign anything.

Can I name my LLC whatever I want?

You’ve decided to finally take the leap and start your own limited liability company (LLC). Congratulations. This is an exciting decision to make. One of the first things you figure out after the purpose of your business is what you’re going to call it.

Although this is one of the most fun parts of creating your LLC, there are some legal restrictions for what you can name it. Don’t worry. You can have a creative name for your LLC while still complying with Pennsylvania law. Here are a few things to keep in mind when naming your business:

How do I select my agent for my health care power of attorney?

The agent you name in your health care power of attorney document will be responsible for making medical decisions on your behalf in the event you are too sick to make them for yourself. Because this person is called to action only after you have been incapacitated, there are several important factors to consider when selecting an agent.

Typically, it is best to name one agent and at least one back-up person, just in case your first choice is unable to perform the required duties at the time they are needed. Sometimes people mistakenly think they can select a doctor or other healthcare professional to be an agent, but this is not the case. Instead, a trusted adult family member or friend should be chosen. However, it is important to keep in mind that the person closest to you may not be the person best suited to be your agent.

How does custody work in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania?

A custody action is initiated by someone filing a custody complaint.  The complaint is prepared by an attorney and signed by one of the parties seeking custody.  A parent, grandparent or even a third party may file for custody.  The complaint is filed in the Prothonotary's Office and served on all the parties named in the complaint.  


Law Office of Stephen W. Grosh
53 North Duke Street
Suite 402
Lancaster, PA 17602

Phone: 717-208-4599
Phone: 717-435-8830
Fax: 717-435-8846
Lancaster Law Office Map

Review Us